Thanks for visiting my website! I’m the author of the completed young adult Brilliant Darkness series and several fantasy short stories. I’m also a clinical psychologist. Throw in a long-suffering husband, two smart kids, and a cocky dog named Guapo, and it makes for an interesting mix.
Ten Things You May or May Not Want to Know About Me:
- This is probably the most interesting thing about me. I have hitchhiker’s thumbs. Big time. It’s a recessive trait, although it’s not determined by a single gene. Here’s a pic.
- I love soccer. I grew up playing, played in college at Georgetown University (go Hoyas), and now love watching my son play. My family has season tickets to the Colorado Rapids Major League Soccer club.
- Colorado is my home. (You might have figured that out from #2 unless you’re reading these out of order.)
- My favorite food is almost anything vegetarian, my favorite color is seafoam green, and my favorite animal is a tapir. I wish I had one as a pet, but I wouldn’t want to pick up its poop.
- I like being outdoors. Dog-walking, eating, jogging, hiking, skiing, and snowboarding are my favorite things to do there.
- My best sense is my sense of smell. I have a sensitive nose, although I’m not great at identifying what I’m sniffing. My vision is the worst.
- I’m terrible with directions. The worst part about how bad I am is how right I always think I am until I realize I’m wrong.
- I’m an Army brat. I lived in five different states and two countries growing up, and I went to eight different schools between kindergarten and twelfth grade. I learned to speak German and then promptly forgot it all.
- All authors should really mention this, but I love to read. My favorite genres are historical fiction, young adult fantasy, and urban fantasy. I’ve recently gotten into listening to audiobooks during my outdoor time (see above.)
- I went to an all girl’s high school where I won an award for being most mischievous. I was also voted most likely to be tan year round, although I’ve never visited a tanning bed. I know, I’m a superstar.
If you have more questions about me, shoot me an email. I love to hear from readers!